2.1 The design team

Take it further with these ideas and web links

Like the idea of designing buildings? The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is the professional body for architects in the UK.

Each type of engineer will also belong to a professional body.

  • Use the job roles in the interactive to research these bodies and how they help their members
  • Here are some names to get you started:
    • Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
    • Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
    • Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
    • Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)




Log in to save your work and track your progress. Ask your teacher for your user name and password.

Got any feedback?

We‘d love to hear your feedback, comments, or suggestions.